13. Vargothamamsa. The first Navansa of a Movable Rasi, the 5th one in a Fixed Rasi and the 9th one in a Common (Dual) Rasi are called Vargothamamsa. Should the natal Lagna be in such Vargothama Navansa, the native becomes an important person in his circle. The rulers of Dwadasamasas start from that Rasi itself.
14. Lords of Decanates and Horas. The Lords of decanates are first Lord of the same Rasi, second Lord of the 5th Rasi therefrom and third Lord of the 9th from the Rasi in question. The first Hora of an odd Rasi belongs to the Sun, while the second one is ruled by the Moon. In the case of an even Rasi the first Hora is ruled by the Moon and the second by the Sun.
15. Lords of Trimsamsas. In odd Signs 5, 5, 8, 7 and 5 degrees are Trimsamsas of Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Mercury and Venus, respectively, while the arrangement is reverse in even Signs.
16. Lords of Sapthamsas. The Sapthamsas for the 12 Rasis from Aries onwards are, respectively, counted from Aries, Scorpio, Gemini, Capricorn, Leo, Pisces, Libra, Taurus, Sagittarius, Cancer, Aquarius and Virgo. The Lords thereof are those, in whose Rasis they fall.
l7. The total of the number of Horas and that of decanates is sixty (24+36) in the entire Zodiac. The figure is increased by 72, if the total of Horas + Navansas is required, i.e. 60+72=24+108=132. Each Rasi has 1800 Kalas (30°, each of 60').
18. Different Vargas. To know any kind of Varga (Hora, Navansa, Drekkana etc.) adopt the following method. Convert the longitude into minutes of arc and multiply by the Varga figure concerned. Divide the product by 1800. The resultant figure will reveal the required Varga.
19. The malefic and benefic effects of such Vargas are explained in detail in the Nashta Jataka chapters (at the end).
20-21. Rasis Benefic and Malefic, Gandanta and its Effects. From Aries onwards alternatively the Rasis are known, as malefic and benefic on the one hand and male and female on the other hand. These are also classified, as Chara (Movable), Sthira (Fixed, Immovable) and DvisvaBhava (Ubhaya, Dual, Common) Rasis. The ending portions of Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces are called Gandanta. It is said, that one born in Gandanta will not survive. He will either lose his mother, or he will end the dynasty, i.e. he is the last of his descent and will not have any children. If, however, he survives, he becomes a king with many elephants and horses.
22. Directions of Rasis. The four Rasis from Aries onwards indicate East, South, West and North, while the remaining Rasis repeat in the same way. A journey undertaken by a person towards the direction indicated by the Lagna, or the Moon (at the commencement of journey) yields fruitful results.
23. DigBala and KalaBala. Human Signs, quadruped Signs, Scorpio and watery Signs are, respectively, strong in the directions commencing from the East. Further during night-time quadruped Signs, day-time human, or biped Signs and the second half of Capricorn, Scorpio, Cancer and Pisces are strong at the time of daybreak and of nightfall.
24. Gemini, Cancer, Capricorn Aries, Taurus and Sagittarius are night Signs. Leo, Libra, Scorpio, Aquarius, Pisces and Virgo are day Signs. The Signs Cancer, Capricorn, Aries, Sagittarius and Taurus are called Prishtodaya, which rise with hind part. Sirshodaya Signs (rising with head) are Leo, Libra, Scorpio, Virgo, Aquarius and Gemini. The Sign Pisces is Ubhayodaya (rises with both head and hind part).
25. Strength of Rasi. If a Rasi is aspected by its Lord, or by a planet, that is friendly to its Lord, or by Mercury, or by Jupiter, it is said to be strong. Planets other than the above do not lend strength by aspect.
26-27. Synonyms of 12 Bhavas. Lagna Thanu and Sakthi, Second Artha and Dhana, Third Sahaja and Parakrama, Fourth Bandhava and Griha, Fifth Putra and Pratibha, Sixth Ari and Vrana, Seventh Stri and Kama, Eighth Vinasa and Dehavivara, Ninth Punya and Guru, Tenth Karma and Mana, Eleventh Aya and Bhava, Twelfth Vyaya.
28-31. Additional Synonyms. The 4th (Vesma) and the 8th are called, as Caturasra Houses. The 9th is known, as Tapa, i.e. penance. The 4th has names, like耠Sukha (happiness), Jala (water), Patala (nether-world), Bandhu (relatives) and Hibuka. The other names given to the 10th House are Karma (deed), Agna (command), Gagana (sky, zenith) and Meshurana. The 5th and 9th are Trines. The 5th is the only House connected with Dhi, while the 9th is Tritrikona, the Trine of Trine. The 7th House is called Dyuna, Astha (setting), Jaya and Jamitra. The 6th is Shatkona, 3rd is Duschikya and 12th Rippha. Kutumba is the 2nd.
32. Kendra, Apoklima and Panaphara, Effects thereof. The adjoining Houses with reference to Angles (Kendras) are Panaphara. The Houses next to Panapharas are Apoklimas. The planets in Angles give effects in one's boyhood. The effects of planets in Panapharas are felt in the middle age, while the planets in Apoklima give result at the conclusion of the native's life.
33. Upachaya and Anupachaya. The 6th, 10th 11th and 3rd are called Upachaya Houses, while the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 12th are Anupachayas.
34. Moolatrikonas of Planets. Leo, Taurus, Aries, Virgo, Sagittarius, Libra and Aquarius are the respective Moolatrikonas for the planets from the Sun onwards.
35-36. Exaltation and Fall. Aries, Taurus, Capricorn, Virgo, Cancer, Pisces and Libra, respectively, are the Signs of exaltation for the Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus and Saturn. These are deeply exalted at 10, 3, 28, 15, 5, 27 and 20 Degrees in the respective Rasis. The Rasis opposite exaltation are the places of debilitation for the planets concerned. And the respective degrees are of deep fall.
37-38. Long, Medium and Short Ascensions of Signs. Pisces, Taurus, Aries and Aquarius are Signs Of short ascension. Gemini, Sagittarius, Cancer and Capricorn are of medium ascension. The long ascension Signs are Scorpio, Virgo, Leo and Libra. The head and other organs of the native will be similar to the Sign ascending at birth and other relative Signs. The planets occupying such Houses will also influence the form and shape of the various organs.
39. Favourable Directions for Journeys. The direction ruled by the Lord of a Rasi becomes Plava direction for that Rasi. This is Yavana's school of thought. If the king undertakes his journey towards such direction, indicated by the Rasi concerned, he attains quick success.